Găsiți următorul dvs. carte preferat

Deveniți un membru astăzi și citiți gratuit pentru 30 zile
Compsec: For the Home User

Compsec: For the Home User

Citiți previzualizarea

Compsec: For the Home User

Lungime:
46 pages
30 minutes
Lansat:
Aug 28, 2015
ISBN:
9780692523087
Format:
Carte

Descriere

In the new digital world it is more important than ever to use security best practices to protect your home network and yourself online. This book is written specifically for the casual user to educate them on these practices.

Written in plain English and providing examples for how & why you should these practices should be followed, CompSec: For the Home User is a perfect read for anyone looking for a little extra security.
Lansat:
Aug 28, 2015
ISBN:
9780692523087
Format:
Carte

Despre autor


Legat de Compsec

Cărți conex
Articole conexe

Previzualizare carte

Compsec - Nathan Hetrick

Compsec: For the Home User

CompSec: For The Home User

Cover design and photo by Nathan Hetrick.

Copyright © 2015 by Nathan L Hetrick. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system or transmitted in any form or by any means with the prior written permission of the publisher.

All trademarks, registered trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners.

ISBN: 978-0-692-52308-7

Acknowledgements

I would like to thank my family and friends for their constant support in my life. This book would not have been a possibility without you.

Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves. Therefore be wise as serpents and harmless as doves. – Matthew 10:16 NKJV

Chapter 1

Why we should be talking about cyber-security

It’s kind of daunting writing a book on computer security when I can still remember the first time I ever saw a computer. It was an Amiga 2000. You know the one with the 8 green screen and still used 5.25 floppies. It was at a friend’s house whose father was a computer tech. He gave me my first computer programing lesson. Nothing fancy, just displaying some text on a screen then printing it out. But by the time we were through, I was hooked on the technology.

Since then the extent to which computers and the internet have become integrated into modern life is almost unfathomable. From the first webpage coming online in 1991, to the modern Internet boasting over 30 trillion websites just last year. We see that the Internet is no longer just about compiling and sharing information. It’s affecting the real world too as seen in the Internet of Everything. Where things from your fridge, to cars, to TVs, to technologies not yet imagined are all connected and coming online.

Domains from communications, commerce, critical infrastructure, and even military are dependent on the internet backbone. It wasn’t long ago that I read an article talking about how 98% of our militaries communications travel over the civilian owned and operated internet. We are dependent on it. We are in an age of cyber dependency.

We have reached a point in society where we can see the benefits of this technology, but at the same time see the risks rippling out. This can be better understood if we take a look at the numbers. According to AV-Test, a new malware signature is being discovered every half a second. 97% of Fortune 500 companies have been hacked; the other 3% probably just don’t know it yet. Over 100 countries

Ați ajuns la sfârșitul acestei previzualizări. Înscrieți-vă pentru a citi mai multe!
Pagina 1 din 1

Recenzii

Ce părere au oamenii despre Compsec

0
0 evaluări / 0 Recenzii
Ce părere aveți?
Evaluare: 0 din 5 stele

Recenziile cititorilor