Sunteți pe pagina 1din 1

rincones culturales

Our cultural places

IGLESIA DE SAN GINS SAN GINS CHURCH


Por Syra Jimnez-Pajarero Arias http://camino-syra.blogspot.com Fotografas: Marina B-ryant.
Foto principal: altar mayor de la nave principal de la Parroquia. A la izquierda: plpito y vidriera del Espritu Santo. Main Photo: the high altar of the main nave of the parish. On the left: the pulpit and glass window of the Saint Spirit.

UBICACIN Y HORARIO
Plaza de Las Palmas, 1. (Arrecife). Telfono: 928 811 396 / 803 507 (Archivo Parroquial). Horario de misa: de lunes a viernes (19.30), sbados (13.15 / 19.30) y domingos (10.30 /12.00/19.30). El templo permanece abierto de 10 a 13h y de 17 a 20h.

HISTORIA
La construccin de la primera ermita, en La Puntilla (Charco de San Gins) data de 1574, (referencia del historiador Agustn de la Hoz Betancort); en ruina tras la invasin en 1582 del pirata Morato Arrez. En 1665, se inicia la redificacin a cargo del benefactor Capitn Francisco Garca Santaella. En 1747, Miguel de las Nieves Lasso impuls la ampliacin de su nica nave. El 25 de junio de 1798 es designada como Parroquia. El santo Gins, patrn de Arrecife, es oriundo de Clermont Ferrand. Se le honra el 25 de agosto. Su actual sacerdote es Miguel Hernndez Surez.
40

dos aguas: la del Evangelio (izquierda) se levanta en 1804 y la Episcopal (derecha) en 1826. Intercolumnio de cantera. Su torre se erige en 1842. En el altar mayor destacan las imgenes de San Gins y la Virgen del Rosario (de Cuba), donaciones del capitn don Gins de Castro y Estvez; en el centro, Jesucristo crucificado. En el plpito (1814) situado en la nave central predic San Antonio M Claret en 1849. leos de Alberto Manrique. Resalta su piedra volcnica y artesonado (obras de remodelacin dirigidas por el maestro carpintero Domingo Abreut).

LOCATION AND TIMETABLE


Plaza de Las Palmas,1 (Arrecife). Telephone numbers: 928 811 396 / 803 507 (Parish Archives). Mass timetable: From Monday to Friday (7.30 p.m), Saturday (1.15 p.m/7.30 p.m) and Sunday (10.30 a.m/12 a.m/7.30 p.m). The temple is opened from 10 a.m to 1 p.m and from 5 p.m to 8 p.m.

HISTORY
The building of the chapel in La Puntilla (Charco de San Gines) was in 1574 (reference by the historian Agustn de la Hoz Betancort); it was left in ruins after the invasion in 1582 of the pirate Morato Arrez. In 1665 began the rebuilding by the benefactor Captain Francisco Garca Santaella. In 1747, Miguel de las Nieves Lasso boosted the enlargement of its unique nave. In June 25th, 1798 was designed as a church. Saint Gins, patron saint of Arrecife, is from Clermont Ferrand. Its celebration is in August 25th. Its present priest is Miguel Hernndez Surez.

with a two-slope roof: the one from the Gospel (left) was built in 1804 and the Episcopal (right) in 1826. Intercolums of stonework. Its tower was built in 1842. On the high altar is the statue of Saint Gins and Virgin Del Rosario (from Cuba), both are donations of the Captain Mr. Gins de Castro y Estvez; in the middle of the building is the statue of the Jesuss crucification. In the pulpit (1814) located at the central nave preached Saint Antonio M Claret in 1849. Oil paintings of Csar Manrique. It is highlighted by the volcanic stone and coffered ceiling (redesigning works directed by the carpenter master Domingo Abreut).

SITUACIN ACTUAL

INTERESTING INFORMATION
The artistic stained glass window, which was designed by ngel Ordez from BORA studios, (Madrid), was blessed in July 19th, 2012. It represents to Saint Gins the Bishop, Saint Francis of Ass, Saint Antonio M Claret, and Virgin del Carmen, Saint Jos, Saint Archangel Miguel, Pentecost and worshipper angels. It is a place to pray with weak light that allows people to enjoy its beauty and teaching.

ARQUITECTURA
Consta de 3 naves techadas a

El 19 de julio de 2012 se bendicen las vidrieras artsticas diseadas por ngel Ordez, de talleres BORA (Madrid). Representan a San Gins Obispo, San Francisco de Ass, San Antonio M Claret, Virgen del Carmen, San Jos, San Miguel Arcngel, Pentecosts y ngeles adoradores. Se logra un espacio de oracin con luz tamiARCHITECTURE zada posibilitando el disfrute de It Lanzarote - Agosto 2012 su belleza y enseanzas. y culturais formed by three naves covered Gua de ocio