Sunteți pe pagina 1din 5

Office Use Only



Return To: Seattle Special Events Office Joanne Orsucci, Special Events Committee Chair PO Box 94708, Seattle, WA, 98124-4708 Phone: 206-233-3948 Fax: 206-684-7025

This application must be completed, signed and forwarded to the Seattle Special Events Office at least ninety (90) days prior to the first day of the event. Please type or print information clearly and attach maps, layouts and additional information.

EVENT NAME: Expected Daily Attendance: Event Dates: Indicate Dates/Times OPEN to attendees Day: Day: Day: Day: Day: Date: Date: Date: Date: Date: Hours: Open until Closing Each Day Start Time: Start Time: Start Time: Start Time: Start Time: End Time: End Time: End Time: End Time: End Time: Total Attendance:
(Add all rows & columns) participants volunteers, staff, spectators

Day 1 Day 2 Day 3 Day 4 Day 5

Event Setup Starts: Start Day/Date: Start Time:

Event Take Down Complete: End Day/Date: End Time:

Describe in detail, include address and ATTACH REQUIRED MAP, SEE PAGE 2 Event Location:

Sponsoring/Producing ORGANIZATION NAME: Street Address Mailing Address, City, State, Zip City, State, Zip Name: Applicant Contact: Title: Cell: Secondary Contact: Phone: Email: Name: Title: Cell:

Phone: Email:

Organization/Event Website: http://www.

Special Event Application Page 1 of 5

Has this event been produced before? Yes No Are there any changes from previous years? Yes No Parade/Procession Is this an annual event? Yes No Describe Changes: Previous Name(s) of event: How many years?

Concert/Performing Art Festival/Fair/Block Party Fireworks Fundraiser

Sporting Event: Triathlon/Marathon Boating/Rowing Bicycle Run/Walk Swim

Event Type:

Protest/Rally Free Event Admission Fee Event

Other: ______________________

Is this event public? Yes No Is this event private? Yes No

If open to the public, please check all methods by which the event is advertised:
TV Radio Internet Billboards Posters Advance Ticket Sales Other: _____________________________________________________________

Describe the logistics and set up of your event. Attach additional documents if necessary: Event Set up:

Event Purpose:

Maps are required for the overall event layout as well as any separately fenced areas such as beer/wine gardens or contained areas as part of a parade/march route. Map Required: As a general rule, maps must include: Surrounding street names, directional arrow, twenty-foot (20) fire lanes, fencing/barriers, street closure points, barricades, bleachers, booths, canopies/tents, cooking areas, generators, vehicles, beer gardens (and separate map required), number and dimension of entrances/exits, start finish lines, routes with directional arrows, etc. Sample maps located here:
Please check all boxes that apply (Show all equipment on your attached map)

Equipment / Set up: Signage


Staging/Scaffolding Hand Washing Stations


Tents/Canopies # ____ Portable Restrooms

Inflatables / Bouncy Toys

Please contact the Department of Planning and Development (DPD) if youll have generators (over 5kw), scaffolding, bleachers, or tents/canopies at your event to determine if a separate permit is required. Please list the outside companies/vendors that you are using for any of the checked boxes above:


Events held on Seattle Parks property require a Park Use Permit, with separate fees. Please familiarize yourself with the Park Use Permit application and brochure to understand the conditions, limitations and fees for events on Parks property. Park(s) requested: Have you completed a Park Use Application? Yes No

Will your event be fully or partially held in a City of Seattle Park? Yes No

Special Event Application Page 2 of 5


Items to be sold: Food

Admission/Participation Fee? Yes No Beverages

Amount? $_________

Will you have vendors selling goods or services on Parks property? Yes No Services Other______________


10% of all sales (food, beverages, admissions, souvenirs, goods and services) on Parks property must be remitted to Seattle Parks and Recreation within 10 days following the event.

Does your event have vendors selling or distributing food, beverages, merchandise or services? Yes No

How many?


IF YES, please contact The City of Seattle Revenue & Consumer Protection Division at 206684-8402 or visit for Business License and/or Tradeshow License information and requirements.


If youre planning to sell food or have food vendors at your event, Public Health Seattle & King County Temporary Food Service permits may be required for each food vendor or sales/serving location. The Temporary Food Service application and fee are due at least 14 days prior to the event. Additional requirements are listed on the application available at or contact Downtown Public Health at 206-296-4632. How many food vendors will you have at your event? Will food be hot/cold held or cooked onsite? Yes No

Do you plan to sell or serve food at your event? Yes No


The sale, service and consumption of alcoholic beverages are subject to Washington State Liquor Control Board (WSLCB) regulations, licensing, and permit requirements. Special Occasion licenses are issued only to non-profit societies or organizations holding a special event at which spirits, beer, or wine is sold by the drink. The Citys liquor liability limits apply to events in which alcohol is sold. Non-profit organizations must apply for a Special Occasion License 45 days prior to the event. Your event may require a different type of permit. Please visit the WSLCB website, for additional information. The Seattle Fire Marshal requires a DETAILED schematic/layout of any intended beer/wine/liquor or other use garden areas that depicts fencing, entrances, exits, their dimensions and maximum intended capacities. Sample map here: Yes No Yes No

Will alcohol be sold or consumed?

Is a non-profit organization providing the alcohol services? If yes, indicate name of non-profit organization: If no, indicate alcohol service provider:

A representative from your non-profit must accompany you to the Special Events Committee presentation meeting. Alcohol Service Area or Beer Garden Days, Dates & Hours:
Date: Start: End: Date: Start: End: Date: Start: End: Date: Start: End:

Special Event Application Page 3 of 5

Applicant is required to notify the Department of Neighborhoods (DON) District Coordinator in the neighborhood where your event takes place. DON staff will work with you to determine the extent of community outreach and notification that your event requires. A list of all Neighborhood Coordinators is available online at


A Temporary Noise Variance is required from the Department of Planning and Development (DPD) if your event has amplified sound (PA System) or music after 10:00 p.m. or during early morning hours before 7:00 a.m. on weekdays and 9:00 a.m. on weekends. To apply for a Noise Variance please visit the DPD website Does your event have amplified music and entertainment? Yes No
Date: Date: End: Start: End:

Does your event have any amplified sound? Yes No

Date: Start: End:

What times are you requesting amplified sound? Please list dates and start and end times below:
Date: Start: End:



Washington State law requires vendors and organizers for festivals and special events to provide recycling collection containers for cans and bottles. See RCW 70.93.093 Seattle Municipal Code requires food vendors to use compostable food packaging and event organizers to provide recycling and compostable collection containers. See SMC 21.36.093 Are you providing collection containers for recycling, compostables, and trash at your event? Yes No Yes How many collection stations are you providing at your event? No

Will food or beverages be sold or provided at your event? Yes No

Will you be managing your own recycling, compostables, and waste collection? Will you be hiring a vendor to assist in the collection? Yes No

List vendor/company:________________________________________________________________________________ Barricades, traffic cones, No Parking signs, meter permits, etc. may be required by Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) as part of the Traffic Control Plan, are at the expense of the permit holder and not included in the Special Event Permit Fee.
Does your event use street Do you plan to require reservation of street parking parking spaces? spaces? Yes spaces? No


Does your event require any street closures? Yes No

If your event requires either of these, or affects any streets, please include details on your attached event map. REQUIRED

Do you anticipate affecting or re-routing any Metro bus routes? Yes No

Are there Bus Zones within your street closure? Please list Metro bus routes: (include route locations on your map) Start Date:_______________ End Date: _______________ End time: _______________

What times are you requesting to close the streets? Start Time:_______________ Please describe your street use. List days, hours, street names, etc.: (If closures vary by date/time & location, describe in detail)

Special Event Application Page 4 of 5

13. FIRE

City Special Events may require fire permits. The cost of these permits is not included in the Special Event Permit fee. Fire permits may be required for tent/canopies, open flame cooking (with propane, charcoal or wood), and other uses. If your event is reviewed at a Special Event Committee meeting, the Fire Marshal will be present to ask questions and advise you of event requirements. If your event is not reviewed at a meeting, please contact the Fire Marshals Office at 206-386-1450, or visit the Seattle Fire Marshall website at least 60 days prior to your event.


Does your event require onsite medical assistance or first response providers standing by? Yes No For more information contact Seattle Fire Medic One

Special events may require the use of police officers for public safety and/or traffic control.

15. POLICE & TRAFFIC These needs will be determined at your Special Events Committee review or advised by the
Special Events Coordinator.


If there is additional information about your event that we should know, please attach additional pages.


Evidence of insurance must be provided to both the Special Event Office and the City of Seattle (FAS) Risk Management Office no later than thirty (30) days prior to the commencement of the event. A Special Event Permit will not be issued until all insurance requirements have been received, verified and approved.

The City of Seattle must be listed as additional insured. The Certificate of Additional Insured must be accompanied by the policy change endorsement forms CG 20 12 or CG 20 26 or equivalent or it will not be accepted. Please fax or email your proof of insurance to the Special Events Office, Attn: Joanne Orsucci. Contact information on page 1 of this form.


No Special Event fees shall be imposed when prohibited by the First or Fourteenth Amendments to the US Constitution or Articles I, sections 3,4,5 or 11 of the Washington State Constitution. Political or religious activity intended primarily for the communication or expression of ideas shall be presumed to a constitutionally protected event. Other factors may be considered when evaluating whether an event is exempt from fees. Fee exemptions do not apply to other necessary permits. Check here if your event is constitutionally protected:


I certify that the information that I have provided on this application is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. If the event plans change, I will submit a revised application or additional information accordingly. All information contained in this application is subject to public disclosure. Applicant Printed Name

Applicant Signature

Date: By checking this box as an electronic signature, I agree to all the terms and conditions that may apply to the Special Event permitting process and agree that all information contained in this application is true and correct to my knowledge. All documents received by the Special Event Committee are public documents and subject to public disclosure in accordance with the Washington State Public Disclosure Act. Special Event Application Page 5 of 5