Sunteți pe pagina 1din 1

Rincones culturales

our cultural places

Por Syra Jimnez-Pajarero Arias http://camino-syra.blogspot.com

SANTUARIO VIRGEN DE LOS DOLORES SHRINE OF THE VIRGIN MARY OF SORROWS


la isla. Su actual sacerdote es Vctor Domnguez Gonzlez. .

UBICACIN Y HORARIO
Poblacin de Mancha Blanca (Tinajo). Telfono: 928 840 011 (Archivo Parroquial). Horario de misa: viernes (18.30 horas) y domingo (9.00 y 12.30 horas).

LOCATION AND TIMETABLE


Mancha Blancha town (Tinajo). Telephone number: 928 840 011 (Parish Archive). Mass Timetable: Friday (6.30 p.m) and Sunday (9 a.m and 12.30 p.m).

Domnguez Gonzlez.

ARQUITECTURA
El acceso se realiza por medio de una puerta con arco de medio punto decorado con piedra negra volcnica (basalto). culo que ilumina el interior. En la parte superior que remata el frontis: una espadaa de dos huecos y un frontn triangular que corona el campanario. Contrafuertes a ambos lados. Planta de una sola nave. El techo posee una cubierta de mampostera a dos aguas. Resalta un lucernario rodeado por ventanales de arcos trilobulados. La cruz (madera de tea) mide 2,7 metros de alto y 1,7 metros de brazo. Fechada el 16 de abril 1736, seala el lugar donde par el volcn.

ARCHITECTURE
The Access to the sanctuary is through a door with semicircular arch decorated with black volcanic stones (basalt). A circular window that illuminates the interior. There is a belfry of two holes and a triangle pediment that crowns the bell tower in the superior side finishing the front. Buttress in both sides. A floor of one nave. The roof has a masonry cover in twoslope. A skylight surrounded by large windows of trilobed archs is highlighted. The cross (torch wood) is 2, 7 metres tall and 1, 7 metres wide. It is dated in April 16th, 1736, and this points out the place where the volcano stopped.

HISTORIA
A principios de abril de 1736 se produce una erupcin en los crteres de Las Quemadas y el magma se acerca a Tinajo. El Padre Guardin del convento franciscano de Teguise rene a los vecinos encaminndose a la montaa de Guigun con un cuadro que representa la Piedad (costado izquierdo altar mayor). Prometi levantar un santuario bajo su advocacin si la erupcin remita. Uno de los presentes clav la cruz que observamos en el exterior. Tras el olvido de este primer milagro se cuenta que la Virgen, 40 aos despus, se aparece a la nia Juana Rafaela Acosta. La construccin se inicia en 1776 abrindose al culto entre 1781 y 1786 (segn el historiador Agustn de la Hoz). Restaurado en 1861. Centro de peregrinacin ms importante de

HISTORY

At the beginning of April, 1736 an eruption happened in the craters of Las Quemadas and the magma approached to Tinajo. The priest Guardin of the Franciscan Convent of Teguise met the neighbours who went to the Guigun Mountain with a painting that represented the Piety (left side high altar). He promised to build a sanctuary in its honour if the eruption dropped. One of the neighbours who were present hammered the cross into the exterior. It is said that after INTERESTING INFORMATION this first miracle, 40 years later, the In September 15th, the day of our Virgin appeared in front of a little lady Mary of Sorrows is celebrated. DE INTERS girl named Juana Rafaela Acosta. She is the patron saint of the Island The building of the sanctuary began El 15 de septiembre se celebra el of Lanzarote. It is a Cultural influence. in 1776 and the worship between da de Nuestra Seora de Los DoA procession, folkloric performances 1781 and 1786 (according to the lores, patrona de la isla de Lanand Regional Fair of Handicrafts take historian Agustn de la Hoz). It was zarote. Referente cultural. Romeplace (from September 13th to 16th31 , restored in 1861. It is the most ra, actuaciones folclricas y Feria 2012). important centre pilgrimage on regionalGua de ocio y cultura Lanzarote -ofSeptiembre 2012 de Artesana (del 13 al the island. His current priest is Victor 16 de septiembre de 2012).

Interese conexe