Sunteți pe pagina 1din 3


Is a full guide to the MRCOG examination available? Yes, please see The MRCOG: A Guide to the Examination published by the College Press in a third edition in 2008 and available from our bookshop. Can I postpone my examination? Please note that the regulations state that candidates who withdraw their applications for a particular examination after the closing date or who fail to appear shall forfeit the examination fee. A reminder of this is included on the application forms themselves. This means that we cannot refund your entry fee after an examination's closing date. Your candidature for the examination will remain. If you fail to attend the examination, your entry will not be counted as an attempt. In certain prescribed circumstances, we do consider refunding the entry fee. If you wish to apply for this, please do so in writing (hard-copy not via email or fax) to the Part 1 Secretary, enclosing documentary evidence to support your circumstances.

Who should I make cheques payable to? Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists.

How much are the fees for the examination? 360 for candidates sitting at a UK centre (irrespective of candidate nationality) or 300 for candidates sitting at an overseas centre (irrespective of candidate nationality). What courses do you recommend? The only courses we can wholeheartedly recommend are those run by the College itself for the Part 1, Part 2 and OSCE. For online learning, we strongly recommend This structured training resource is continuously updated, uses innovative tools and has saveable interactive assessments (MCQs and EMQs) with instant, detailed feedback. External conferences and courses we have been informed of are listed here and online and correspondence courses are listed here.

How is data about my examination dealt with? Once you have successfully completed your examination, the details of your award from the College, including date, are regarded as public' information. Names of successful candidates will be published on a printed pass list on open view at the College, on the College website and on the admissions ceremony programmes where applicable. This basic information will also be released to bona fide third party enquirers (for example, other educational bodies or prospective employers). Additional information is shared with relevant UK Deaneries and the PMETB. If you would like to opt out of one or

more of these publication means, please inform us at least two weeks before the date of publication. No information is supplied via the telephone.

How many attempts may I take at the MRCOG? Unlimited.

How do I get my entry slip? You must print your entry slip out using the online facility, available approximately 3 weeks prior to the examination. Entrance cards will not be sent out via post. What if I need a visa to get to my examination venue? The College cannot advise you regarding this matter. Please contact the relevant consulate to obtain information concerning the visa requirements before applying for the exam. If you require a letter from the Examination Department confirming your attendance at the examination, please inform us of this when applying for the examination, and ensure that you apply in good time. What documents must I send in for my Part 1 application to be processed? A signed application form, the examination fee made out in Pounds Sterling, and an attested copy of proof of your primary medical degree. Please note that we are unable to check the status of individual applications on request. Therefore we suggest that if you wish to obtain proof of delivery, you send your form via recorded delivery or a postal service that offers tracking advice. What can I send in as proof of my primary medical degree? You can send in an attested copy of your primary medical degree certificate, or your medical registration certificate providing it states your primary medical degree and university. These documents must be in English. Can I submit original certificates with my application? No. Certificates must be certified/attested copies rather than originals. The College cannot guarantee the return of original certificates to applicants.

Where can I get my documents certified / attested? A Fellow or Member of this College, the university or hospital issuing the certificate, the British Council or your embassy, or a solicitor.

What if my degree / medical registration certificate is not in English? You will need to provide an authorised translation of your degree certificate or medical registration certificate.

Is there a time limit between passing the Part 1 and passing the Part 2? No, but we do require you to have attempted the Part 2 at least once within ten years of passing the Part 1, or gaining exemption from the Part 1. You do not have to pass it within ten years but, if you do not even attempt it, you will have to pass the Part 1 again. I have sat the MRCOG before, do I need to send my medical degree certificate to you again to resit? No, we need to see your degree certificate or attested copy only once. Can I obtain a certificate for passing Part 1? No, as MRCOG is a two-part examination, certificates are only issued upon completion of Part 2. Please retain your Part 1 pass letter as it is the only certification that you will receive. Please also refrain from using Part 1 MRCOG' on letterheads, business cards, nameplates, etc.

I have entered the Part 1 examination stating my new/married name on the form, but have received an acknowledgement saying that I have been registered under my former name. Why is this? For matters of medical security, the Examination Department is only permitted to register you for an examination using the name that appears on your degree certificate or certificate of medical registration.

Which documents would you require to register me under my new/married name? A re-issued degree certificate or certificate of medical registration stating your new/married name, as well as a copy of your marriage certificate/affidavit showing both your former and new names. Please note that sending a marriage certificate/affidavit alone will not be sufficient.